Tuesday, November 24, 2009

kiwi facts

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

Roy Batty, Blade Runner.

Thanks to Andreilla for reminding me of this beautiful quote.




1) Ben Harper has a house on the North Island apparently he loves NZ. I'm not surprised...
2) There are more sheep than people in NZ which makes the place pretty nice and quiet.
3) The saying "Sweet As" (meaning I agree with you) is spelled with only one "s" at the end of the word and not two as I thought when I first heard it.
4) Nothing is flat in NZ.
5) One third of NZ's population lives in Auckland. Only about a million people live on the South Island :-)
6) There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. Hiking NZ brochure.
7) All signs are bilingual in English and Te Reo Maori.
8) You never buy pounamu (green stone) for yourself, it's supposed to be given/ received as a present
9) Fat Freddy's Drop, Crowded House and Flight of the Conchords are NZ bands (not Australians!)

1 comment:

Rosa O. said...

Para añadir la puntilla realista y desagradable, decirte que hay tantas ovejas que Nueva Zelanda es uno de los paises mas contaminantes del mundo, debido a las emanaciones de metano.
Y no me lo he inventado
Kisses.