Friday, November 09, 2007

wonderful world

I have a cold, I have a sore throat and I have a running nose so after a week or so I decided to go to the doctor's. Yesterday, after my English class (I have enrolled in an English course again in order to sit the Proficiency Exam next June) I rushed to the underground to go to the Social Security. I was worried to get there late, not realizing that you never get late when you have an appointment at any of the Social Security centers because there are always delays.

At my underground station I ran into a massive group of Amish. They all looked alike and were dressed in black. They seemed terribly scary to me. I turned my head twice as they passed me by. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. They were carrying bibles in their hands and big rugsacks on their backs. Since I was running late I got out to the surface giving no more thought to what I had just contemplated and hurrying to the doctor's. Once I entered the building, I saw him. There was a clown at the admission desk. He was wearing a beautiful bright blue wig, pink overalls and a red nose. I think he had come down with a cold too. He was trying to arrange a visit to the doctor.

Sometimes I miss living downtown. This is never seen in the neighbourhood where I live now.

No comments: