Saturday, October 20, 2007

arnold, the other dutch gentleman

I do not keep a picture of him because I never took it but his image is in the inner part of my eyelids (I don't even need to close them to be able to see him) and I still remember the way he talked, his elegance, his sense of humour, his knowledge...
Arnold was in his seventies, just a kid. I met him last year in Hua Hin, Thailand, and we had a great time together with Cristina and Joss. They were the Dutch Gentlemen.
Arnold has died in a car accident in Australia. I guess it could not have been in another way. He was too young to die of being too old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tu blog está lleno de vida. Siento lo de tu amigo, tambien la muerte es parte de la vida. Me gusta pasearme por tus palabras palpitantes, tus experiencias tan ágiles, eres un amor de persona.

Unhinged Monica said...

guauuuuuuuuuu!

gracias............quien quiera que seas!

Anonymous said...

I knew him, but now that he is gone is wish I had known him better, or kept in touch more often.
Your words have made me see that we sometimes take wonderful people for granted.