Tuesday, May 08, 2007

an ode to an old acquaintance



People do not write anymore. People do not receive handwritten letters. Yesterday I was looking for a document amidst my tonnes of papers and I found an old letter, a letter someone I knew a long time ago sent to me. It was dated 2000 and even now I felt moved.


The beginnig of the letter went like this...I want to explain my conduct from the very moment we were introduced to each other to the moment we decided, unilaterally or bilaterally, that we never met... I don´t even deserve polishing your shoes...

I don´t know where he is now. This is for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

talking about acquaintances: last saturday I had a beer (actually, as you can't avoid in Sevilla a saturday morning in May, quite a row of beers) at Macarena's with Alejandro and a few guys - who share office space and office time jokes with him at the Correo Andalucía - , and I can't help noticing that somebody says: well, as Fritanga told me yesterday... There I ask, of course: Do you speak about Fritanga, the one with the blog? Of course, they say, that same old Fritanga. You're a friend of him? I renounced to explain, but it was just as meeting an old friend.

i.

Unhinged Monica said...

So you also read him.... he is a very nice chap! And he writes wonderfully.... I hope you get round to meeting him some day.... It's worth it....